4.21.2014

The Peace Found in Letting Go


We are so lucky to be in a relationship with a God who wants us to celebrate with Him! There are so many times God tells us to praise and sing and dance and feel true joy with Him.  It is easy to forget this.  Life can be a beating sometimes.  There are says where I look forward to going back to sleep as soon as I wake up, and as the end of the school year approaches, I feel this all too often.  The mundane details of the weekday can just seem all consuming and I often wonder what exactly it is that God wants us to celebrate.  I find myself searching desperately for a reason to sing praise and as ashamed as I am to admit it, I often just give up.  When there is not a tangible item that very clearly gives me instant joy, sometimes I just don't get it.  I am much too human to constantly "overflow" with the hopefulness that God gives us through the Holy Spirit (Romans 15:13).

But, but the grace of God, it IS possible for us to have that peace all the time.  Whether we are happy about our life's circumstances or not, the fact that God is in control brings the ultimate peace.  Thank goodness we are not in control!!  Through prayer and strong community, we can constantly be filled up with the peace of knowing that we are unconditionally loved with a beautiful destination awaiting us!

No comments:

Post a Comment