2.24.2014

His Big Love

There are so many times in my life where I feel completely inadequate.  I feel so torn down and weakened by the fact that I am flawed and imperfect.  At times, this is so disheartening that I no longer even feel convicted.  My faith, the most important thing in my life, is broken just at the idea that I might not be good enough.   The devil is real.  It's scary because he's luring us in to all his traps that he's so carefully laid out for us, and he doesn't plan on stopping.  No matter how often we pray or how many times we go to church, the devil is constantly trying to find new ways to snatch us.  His top notch manipulation skills are persistent and he knows the things about ourselves that we try to forget. 2 Corinthians 11:14 says "for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light" which is just scary.

But the thing is, God is more passionate and crazy about loving us than the devil could ever be about killing us.  Jesus came down and defeated sin so that we could have life.  He just asks that we give our life up to Him, and give him control.  Sin will tempt us, anxiety will seem like it has the power to overcome us, but goodness gracious God is greater!  To live in a body that is made my God to glorify Him and direct other people toward Him so that they may one day go home is a miracle that no one can fathom.  To be loved by a God that is so perfect that he did NO wrong when he became flesh is something we naturally want to reject, because that kind of love just doesn't exist anywhere else.  Satan depends on the sad truth that as humans, we think it's alright to settle for anything other than the best.  He works off of the fact that we are not able to comprehend the idea of love so big that there is nothing can separate us from it (Romans 8:38-39).  But, still, Jesus is bigger.  Jesus is better.  He will continually fight us and protect us from Satan's lies, and hug us as tight as He can.  In John 16:33, it is clear that we can have peace because God overcame it all.  I don't understand it, and my mind is boggled with such enormous figures and acts of pure kindness.  All that I know for sure is that we are blessed beyond any words could ever explain, and we have so much to rejoice in.



2 comments:

  1. Megan I want to meet you. Next time you are in mckinney. You go girl. You are right on and are full of the Holy Spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROMANS 1:16
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes… This is you Megan. Jesus is so proud of you

    ReplyDelete