2.15.2014

Time to Scatter Seeds

Well, I've reached that point in my life where God's love is just too overwhelming to keep to myself.  This isn't because I've morphed into a "better" Christian, or because my prayer life is just rocking so much that God suddenly decided I should receive more of His love, but because He's God.  I really don't understand, and I feel as undeserving as I always have been, but I have come to the understanding pretty recently that all good things come from Him and my life is starting to feel like one giant hug from the man who is actually love Himself (1 John 4:8).  Now this doesn't mean my life is perfect and I'm just walking on sunshine 24/7, because I still have the same amount of off days as always.  I'm a complete failure sometimes (ex. when Chipotle runs out of guacamole and I cry about it...actually cry), but God's grace is much more visible to me than it ever has been before.  God has forced me to stop and sit at His feet.  I am a witness and testimony to the most perfect love to ever exist.  As I sit to marvel at His love, I hope to be receptive of it.  We are all here to go out and announce the good news!  There is no escaping it, so we might as well run into His arms! God has given us all the tools to cultivate the most beautiful garden with His love.  I hope to be able to use the seeds that have been scattered by God's wonderful people, and as I grow in Christ, I hope to be able to scatter some seeds as well!



(Enormous love)

JJ Heller - What Love Really Means (Official Music Video)

This song made me cry the first time I heard it years ago, and it still inspires me to this day. First of all, HOW COOL is it that God love us that much?! No matter how we feel about Him, He is crazy about us.  It doesn't matter who we have been or what we are going to become because God sees all that and love us through it. His love is like a super power and it is something we can think about for ages and still not understand because we are so human.  This song also rocks because the love it sings about it something to strive for. If only we could love like that - without qualifications or consequences.  If only our heart wasn't so murked up by all the nastiness of the world.  We can, however, pray boldly for a heart like His.  We can pray so boldly that it forces us to reconsider our relationships with others and ourselves.  We can begin to show people who love God as well as people who don't even know the big guy that perfect love IS real. It is given to each of us as a gift that is so amazing.  Although we will all fall short, we cannot let that stop us from striving to be as much like Him as possible!  He gave us hearts to love without constraint! (1 Corinthians 13)


No comments:

Post a Comment